All complaints must be made in writing by the member that entered the competitor(s) to the Speech or Music Festival. The letter must be submitted to the Complaint Handling Committee of the Association. The letter must reach the Association by post no later than 13 April 2023 (for the 74th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival) and 30 June 2023 (for the 75th Hong Kong Schools Music Festival). An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to the member concerned within 7 working days after receiving the letter.
- If the member is a School Member, the submission must:
- bear the signature of the school principal;
- bear the school chop; and
- include the membership number and correspondence address of the school.
If the member is an Associate Member / Temporary Membership for Music Tutor, the submission must:
- bear the signature of the member; and
- include the membership number and correspondence address of the member.
If students attending universities / post-secondary institutes would like to give comments, the submission must include:
- the reference number; and
- correspondence address.
- If a submission fulfills the above requirements, the case will then be forwarded to the Complaint Handling Committee for discussion after the Festival. The Committee will issue a written reply on the result to the member concerned on or before 30 May 2023 (for the 74th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival) and 31 August 2023 (for the 75th Hong Kong Schools Music Festival). The decision made by the Complaint Handling Committee is final.
- The Complaint Handling Committee, which is accountable to the Executive Committee of the Hong Kong Schools Music and Speech Association, comprises the Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of the Chinese Speech Sub-Committee, the English Speech Sub-Committee and the Music Sub-Committee of the Association, and an independent speech or music expert from an academic institution or a representative of a professional body.